Saturday, June 7, 2008

Moving On Up (The Street, That Is)

Shannon and I got the wonderful news yesterday that we will be able to move into a new apartment on July 1st. We've been praying and thinking about this decision for probably 4 months now, and things have just fallen into place perfectly. We'll be downsizing, from our current 2-bedroom to a much smaller 1-bedroom, but we feel that the move is prudent. We'll be so close to campus that we will never drive to class, because the walk from the parking lot to class would be longer than that from our building. We'll save on rent and utilities as well. And since we're planning on moving overseas in 1 1/2 years, we might as well start parting with things (like furniture we don't need or even like (ahem, Shannon's older-than-dirt recliner. :-))). And even though July 1st is on a Tuesday, it just happens to be during the week that I have off from work since the Waltzes will be in Hawaii.

Other great news is that Shannon got a new job! He'll be able to walk to work, and they'll be flexible with his class schedule. He'll continue to work at the Hut through the summer and possibly into the fall as well, depending on what happens with gas prices. We're grateful for something steady and dependable that will not rely on oil!

My summer class begins in 10 days. Sigh. I'll go to class for 4 1/2 hours a day and then go to work for 4 hours and then come home and do homework or study until time for bed. But, after 2 weeks of that craziness I'll have a semester's worth of classwork done and have an entire week to do nothing but finish anything for the class and move and unpack. God is good.

I've also officially started my training for another half marathon. I've been running 3 times this week, only 2ish miles each time, but I'm more proud of the "3 times in one week" bit than the distance. I can increase the distance I go. Habitually getting my lazy butt out of bed is harder.

Shannon has tomorrow off, his first Saturday off when I have a Saturday off in...I don't know how long. We're excited...date night!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! That's exciting! All of it is exciting. Talking tonight is good as far as I know. I'll just be doing (piles and piles of) laundry.

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys are being very wise with your money and God is providing for you and helping you do that:) Where do you guys want to go overseas? Congrats on your running too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!