Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Fair Day

On Sunday after church Shannon, my sister, brother-in-law, one of my sister's friends, and I all went to the State Fair. The State Fair is probably one of the highlights of the year for Shannon, because he gets to eat junk food. For me, personally, I have fun, but it's not the greatest thing about fall, in my opinion, although North Carolina does have a pretty decent fair. Anyways, Shannon had an Italian sausage, I had a chicken gyro, We shared a fried Snickers and a fried Oreo, and we got some ice cream and grilled corn. The food really is the main reason you go to the Fair, after all.

However, this year there was something that neither of us had experienced before: pig racing. And duck racing too. It was so funny...I'll let the videos speak for themselves.

Duck Racing


Pig Racing


Shannon eating "the best Italian sausage of his life."


Me and Shannon with a fried Oreo (not as good as the fried Milky Way from last year).


My sister, Rachel, and her husband, Lucas, at their first ever NC State Fair.


Shannon and myself at the pig races!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the fair! It was so much better than the one on Miami...and bigger too!
    I agree, the food is the main reason to go to the fair...and I enjoyed every greasy/fattening/disgusting/delicious bite. ;-)

    And the pig races were hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a great time. We have not been to a fair in several years. We used to go every year when the kids were growing up. We keep thinking we would go again. But forget to when it is fair time. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!