Monday, March 15, 2010

The Bible In A Year

This year, I decided to do something I haven't done in awhile: read my entire Bible through. I've done it before, maybe 4 or 5 times, but it's been a few years since my last read-through. So, I decided it was high time to get myself back in the habit. I find that I've tried to do it and about 2 weeks in I decide I have too much going on and give it up. This year I am resolved to do it. Life is always going to be crazy, right? And this year is no exception. We'll have moved 3 times in 5 months, live in at least 4 different places, have had a baby, and will learn a new language and our way around a new city. I'm 2 weeks behind in my reading (but I was 3 weeks behind about a week ago), and am slowly catching up and am determined not to get any further behind until (and hopefully not even then) we move again. The easy reading plan I've always followed?



3 chapters a day and 5 on Sunday. Sometimes I read 2 chapters a day and a Psalm. Other times I just read 3 chapters straight. I think I like to do the 2 chapters and a Psalm when I'm in the boring more-difficult-to-read parts. So that's it. A reading plan that's actually doable. If you've never read your Bible all the way through, I'd like to challenge you to start. Start on April 1st and try to finish by March 31st 2011. Give it a try.

3 comments:

  1. Every time I've ever tried to do this, I've never finished. I like your plan. Maybe I'll try it again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you guys moving when you go overseas? I follow your blog almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to do this, and like Ann, I've never finished. Thank you for the encouragement to tackle this goal again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!