Monday, September 20, 2010

Goal Time

Alright. I've been doing some soul-searching, and I have determined that I need to set some goals for myself. I have not been too good about prioritizing my time since we got here, and I feel like I'm just floundering in some ways. So...a few that I already have are:

1) memorize 1 scripture verse each month (I know it's low, but better low and attainable than high and I never do it!).
2) stop all work by 9 p.m. so that Shannon and I can detox for an hour before bed.
3) speaking of bed, be in bed by 10:30.
4) go on at least 1 date with Shannon bez (sans, without) Lane each month.
5) spend at least 1 day per month exploring the city, doing something touristy, etc.
6) work on not having a critical spirit (and therefore a critical mouth, which sometimes hurts my husband...).
7) get up after I feed Lane in the early morning instead of going back to bed.

So...those are a few of my goals. I'd like to exercise (I would say more, but that would implying I'm actually doing exercise now), but there's just no time. Plus, we walk a ton, so I think I'm ok there. But I'm looking for ideas. Family goals. Personal goals. Goals to help me grow in my relationship with God. What kinds of things do you do? What's attainable? Looking for suggestions...

Oh, and a winner of the earrings has been found! Miss Kim Skinner, step on up! It was your horrible comment that won, but alas, it was the first one after 10,000 visitors had been reached. I already have your address, I believe, so you can expect to receive those earrings in the mail sometime before Halloween, as the transatlantic post is sometimes super slow. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I am SO excited. I can't even remember the last contest/giveaway that I won (I am usually not that lucky)! Sorry about the comment about Alabama football. I LOVE your goals, by the way! You have inspired me to start thinking of some for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!