Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm an Aunt!

My sister had her baby today! Maddox Alexander was born at 11:20 a.m. after only 6 hours of labor! He weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and is such a cutie!


Doesn't my sister look gorgeous for having just given birth?

I have to say that this is one of those times that living overseas bites. We couldn't get our internet to work to save our lives, so it took forever to get to finally see a picture (like, 4 hours after he was born). It's no fun knowing that random facebook friends of hers got to see Maddox before I did. But the internet finally worked long enough to look at a picture! Maybe tomorrow we'll get to skype with him.

And, let me just say that a teeny part of me hates my sister. She was pregnant for a full 31 days less than me (and Maddox isn't a preemie!). Her labor was only 6 hours long. And she didn't have to be induced. But that's just a teensy part of me (Like .5%. And I don't really hate her: I'm just jealous). The bigger part of me is so excited and happy for her and Lucas that I can't help but beam with pride. I'm so excited for them as they embark on parenthood...it's the most wonderful adventure there is (at least of all the adventures I've been on)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!