Friday, November 5, 2010

November

How on earth is it November already? Seriously, it's almost Thanksgiving, which means it's almost Christmas, which means it's almost my birthday, which means it's almost Lane's birthday... It's insane how time flies as we get older.

I posted here about how I was looking at making some goals for myself in order to keep myself accountable for my time. I got the idea from Joy over at Priceless Gifts, and I did it in October but thought I'd keep my goals to myself for the 1st month, to see how realistic I was in setting and fulfilling them. So...I thought I would share with you all some of my November goals:

In relation to God:
1. Memorize Ephesians 4:29.
2. Read my Bible every day in accordance with my read-through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan.
3. Read "Shepherding a Child's Heart."
4. Listen to 2 online sermons.
5. Choose a Bible study plan for 2011.

In relation to my family:
1. Do something touristy once.
2. Have a date night without Lane at least once.
3. Go to the park 2 times per week as a family.


The park near our apartment.

4. Be in bed by 10:00.
5. Visit a new part of Istanbul by public transportation.
6. Take Lane outside for at least 15-20 minutes every day unless it's raining.

Personal goals:
1. Make our bed every day.
2. Try 2 new (healthy) recipes.


Pumpkin-Apple Muffins that I made today.

3. Do another practice run on Lane's birthday cake.
4. Buy myself a new article of clothing (or at least go shopping).
5. Get my booty out of bed by 6:00.
6. Write in my journal every other day (last month's goal was every day...proved to be too optimistic).

There you go, a glimpse into some of the things I'm going to be working on this month. I think that they're not too over-the-top and are attainable. I'll try to remember to let you all know how I do at accomplishing these. Last month I found that writing some goals down served to motivate me to actually try to do them.

Care to join me in making some of your own?

3 comments:

  1. love your list!. I do better when I write them down too but right now our lives are way too crazy. I am looking forward to getting some normalcy back soon. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. Your goals are so practical, attainable, yet stretching. I"m horrible at writing goals. Hmm. I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! You put me to shame and I don’t have a little one to look after. Love your goals....and as mentioned before...seem pretty “attainable, yet stretching”. You have challenged me with several of them....so I am praying about setting my own goals....Hopefully by the beginning of the new year....it will be a REAL new year with NEW realistic, practical, attainable yet stretching goals! Thanks for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!