Thursday, June 23, 2011

17 Months Old

I'm a day late on Lane's monthly post due to uncontrollable circumstances last night (the hubby wanted to watch a movie and actually let me pick...hooray for watching Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time together after almost four years of marriage!). However, as of today you can learn all about her new, amazing, super-cute antics.

At 17 months, Lane:

*makes more animal sounds: "moo" for cow, "ba-ba" for chicken (bock bock), and "zzz" for bee. She also says "la, la, la" for pig...blame that on Sandra Boynton's Moo, Baa, La, La, La.
*can identify new body parts: bottom, fingers, neck, and cheeks (pretty much all of them except harder-to-grasp ones like "elbows" and "eyebrows," things like those).
*loves the song Old MacDonald. It is by far her favorite song right now, and she indicates that she wants us to sing it by clapping (no idea where she got that from). She'll even sing along a bit, making "moo moo" and "nay nay" sounds.
*still just says three words. I was slightly worried until I did a bit of research, and it said to only be worried (up to 18 months) if your kid doesn't say "mama" or "dada," and can't identify any body parts. Guess we're ok since she's doing all of those.
*loves ice. She always wants to fish ice out of our drinks and is upset when the ice is gone.
*has 12 teeth. Her last (fourth) molar is a little over halfway through. Only eight teeth to go!
*likes to "play" nite nite. This involves getting into the bed and laying down and covering up for 4-5 seconds until it's time to get up, roll all over the place, and do it all again.
*has got some CURLY hair! It's cracking me up, since Shannon and I both have stick-straight hair. I never in a million years thought I'd end up with a curly-headed kid.

Check out those CURLS!

*can stack blocks at least seven high.
*likes to do puzzles and can put the pieces in the right spot, even if she can't always turn them around to make them fit.
*likes to help me snap green beans.
*can get all of the shapes in her plastic shape sorter without any help and can get all of the shapes in her wooden shape sorter with very little assistance (the wooden shape sorter has holes on four sides whereas the plastic shape sorter has all the holes on the top).
*likes to circle around while I sing Ring Around the Rosie, promptly running off to dive on the floor for "we all fall down!"
*gives "snuggles" if we ask (hugs with her patting us on the back).
*is starting to be very whiny. We've started putting her in her pack-n-play for whining/pitching a fit when she doesn't get her way.
*is still a pretty good eater, although it's tapered off a bit. I think she's finally gotten full for the first time since she was born! Current favorite foods include cherries, peaches, watermelon, strawberries, soft cheese, beans, and rice.

Aaaand...that's all I can think of right now.

***forgive the lack of photos this month...I haven't taken that many since we've been out-and-about a lot, and it's difficult for me to watch Lane and take photos when we're out without daddy.***

2 comments:

  1. Look at all that curly hair! I'm so jealous! I wish I could let my son's hair grow that long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about all of the things she can do! And I LOVE her hair. I think I had curly hair when I was little but it straightened out after a few years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!