Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seven Links-Flashback

Barbara, over at Footprints in the Sand, has nominated me to participate in Tripbase's 7Links Blog Project! The purpose of this project is to bring to light older blog posts that have either been forgotten, or that may have been written so long ago that current readers haven't read them before. It's a great idea, and I'm excited to participate! Without further ado...

My most beautiful post: an outpouring of my heart to my daughter when I felt (and feel) so inadequate, pointing her to God when I fail her.

My most popular post: as funny as it is, if you google "18 weeks pregnant" and click on images, my picture from this post is on the first page. If you google "16 weeks pregnant," I'm currently on page 5. So...this post has resulted in the most visitors to my blog. I think it's funny that my little ole' blog gets lots of hits from a photo on google...I'd think that bigger blogs than mine would get many more hits than I do from photos of their pregnant writers, but nope, I'm on the first page!

My most controversial post: I, like Barbara, don't tend to write much on controversial things. This blog is mainly to remember fun moments and for our families to keep up with us. But once I ventured into my opinion on a child's name...and was shown to be ignorant. But I still don't like the name. And I'm entitled to my opinion.

My most helpful post(s): I think I have two of these. The first one is entitled 10 Easy Ways to Go Green and is my attempt at helping ordinary people learn simple ways they can impact the environment in a positive way. The second one is my experience with cloth diapers, including the pros and cons, in my opinion.

A post whose success was surprising: all about becoming a Southerner. Or not becoming one. Take a look and tell me what you think: am I a Southerner or not?

A post without the attention it deserved: I climbed a mountain at 25 weeks pregnant and only got one comment. Sad!

The post I am most proud of: Baby Girl turned 1 and I made her a great cake.Or maybe this one, chronicling the process to claim residency in Istanbul (which, unfortunately, we'll have to do again this year!). Or maybe this one: hubby's birthday and a great alliteration, filled with fun photos from the beach. Yeah...I like all of these.

There you have it. Seven posts I think you should go back and read, if you never have before.

My nominees to participate:


2 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't wait to go back and read some of your older posts! Climbing a mountain at 25 weeks!? That is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I will definitely participate. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!