Thursday, March 13, 2014

31 and 34 Weeks (third time around)

Here I am, two days before I'm 35 weeks, finally getting around to posting. Seems to be the way it goes these days. We're getting ready to move (again) on Saturday back to Alabama, where we'll be until we head back overseas. Our time in North Carolina has been so busy that we're really looking forward to our time in Alabama, hoping that it provides us with some rest before the baby comes. We'll be traveling a bit until the end of March, but after that we are trying to mostly stay put until the end of May.


31 weeks.

I will say that this pregnancy has been a lot rougher than my first two. In hindsight, I think I had really, really easy pregnancies with them both. There has just been something about this being my third (and therefore having two other littles to keep up with), being in America, traveling a lot, and eating out a lot (due to the traveling a lot), that has just made this pregnancy rough. And maybe being 34 has something to do with it, too. I've felt like a whale since about 24-25 weeks. My legs ache frequently. The same spots hurt that hurt when I was pregnant the first two times: my upper back, specifically on the right side, and below my sternum right between my ribs, where they're separating to make room for baby.


34 weeks, last Friday.

My fingers have swollen so I can't wear my wedding rings. For about two weeks I couldn't wear them while I slept but could wear them during the day…now I can't wear them at all. I've gained somewhere between 35-40 pounds…I'm not sure exactly since I don't know how much I weighed to begin with, but I weigh more now than I ever did with Lane or Noel. And I still have five or so weeks to go. I don't exactly know where all that weight is, since I don't feel like my ankles are swelling or that my face is chubby…but it's there, and I'm just hoping it's not on a 10-pound baby!

Baby girl is very active…she's not head-down yet and I can frequently feel her hands on the left side of my belly and her feet on my right side. At night when I lie down it seems like she spends a good 10-15 minutes getting herself adjusted as well. I haven't felt any baby hiccups yet, and while occasionally she'll stick a foot in my ribs and really hurt me, for the most part I just feel pregnant because I'm pregnant, not because the baby is pressing on me or hurting me in some way (if that makes sense at all).

So…overall, I'm done. Stick a fork in me. I'm grateful to still have a healthy baby inside me, but I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. I'm hoping this girlie decides to come a week or two early…it would make up for Lane being 17 days late! I just want to get to April and then she can come. Please, God?

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!