The Umizoomi cake I made for her.
Three weeks ago today Noel turned three years old. I took the day off of language class and spent the day making birthday pancakes and a pot of soup, cleaning up a bit, and decorating for her Team Umizoomi "party" (aka: people come over for dinner and cake). We spent the morning slowly opening her birthday gifts and Skyping/Facetiming with some of her grandparents. It was a fun day.
The first present Noel opened was a huge lollipop that Lane bought her with money she earned washing our windows.
She got some plastic dinosaurs and safari animals,
Tinkerbell accessories and a fun skirt (Lane got some wings, too),
And Bristle Blocks, the game Hoot, Owl, Hoot, and The Water Hole by Graeme Base. I'm sure she got other things too that I can't remember right now, too.
I spent her nap time hanging balloons and streamers and shapes on the wall. Lane put Umizoomi stickers on the dessert plates for me. Later that evening some friends came over and we had chicken noodle soup for dinner and tackled the monster-sized cake. (I don't seem to have a very good idea of how much cake to actually make and seem to always make twice as much as we can possibly eat.)
Thoughout the day I asked Noel the birthday questions that we begin when our kids turn three. She refused to answer some of them and others I had to solicit an answer for. So some of these are surely not right, but it was fun to hear her answers anyways!
1. Your favorite color is pink.2. Your favorite toy is Lambie.
3. Your favorite fruit is pear.
4. Your favorite TV show is Mickey Mouse.
5. Your favorite movie is Madagascar.
6. Your favorite thing to wear is a costume.
7. Your favorite animal is "little baby calves."
8. Your favorite song is "B-I-N-G-O."
9. Your favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear.
10. Your best friend is Lane.
11. Your favorite snack is grapes.
12. Your favorite drink is juice.
13. Your favorite breakfast is O's.
14. Your favorite lunch is grilled cheese .
15. Your favorite dinner is chicken noodle soup.
16. Your favorite game is The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel.
17. Your favorite thing to play outside is a bouncy ball.
18. You don't know what your favorite holiday is.
19. At night you sleep with Raffie, Bunny, and Blankie .
20. You don't know what you want to be when you grow up.
And just like that my middle girl is three.